Great tips for the first time homebuyer
- Check your credit. Get your free credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Pay down loan balances. Accumulated debt, as a percentage of your credit limit, may impact your FICO score. Try to pay down balances before applying for a home loan.
- Save for a down payment. Mortgage insurance is required if your down payment is less than 20% of your loan amount.
- Find a realtor. Get a 20% cash rebate when you use our Real Estate Services program. Contact a Member Advocate at 800-298-0864.
- Line up financing. Being preapproved makes you a desirable buyer. Find out more and get preapproved here.
- Attend a First Time Homebuying Workshop. Check here to see if there’s a workshop near you.
- Protect Your Home. Find the right coverage at the right price. Visit one of the links below to receive an insurance quote and a $5 gift card.
- See if you can lower your loan rate by an additional 0.25%. Contact us at 800-772-4000 and ask about the Premier America Family Member discount program.
- Estimate the value of your home value or search for homes. Click here to check out Zillow*
Get more information on products, rates, fees, terms, process and home buying education.
*Note: Zillow only provides general estimates for property value and re-sale potential.